Feeling mildly flat today.
Basic Flatbread Recipe
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 - 1 cup warm water
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and the salt. If including additional spices, add them now. Drizzle in the water with one hand, and mix with the other, until the dough begins to come together as a ball. It shouldn't be overly wet or sticky; if it's too dry, drizzle in more water.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rest for an hour.
3. Remove from wrap, and divide into 6-8 equal-sized pieces of dough. On a lightly flour-dusted surface, press them flat, and roll each piece out to a disc 6 inches in diameter.
4. Set a griddle or heavy skillet over medium high heat, and lightly brush with vegetable or grapeseed oil. Place the breads, one at a time, on the griddle, moving around periodically with a spatula. If the bread begins to balloon, press it down with the spatula, and turn over. The cooking time should be no longer than about 20 seconds, total.
5. Remove each bread to a plate draped with a towel. Cover and keep warm until all done.
Makes about 6-8 breads